Black Chamber of Palm Beach County – Office Manager
Office Manager must be flexible and enjoy working within a business association environment that is mission-driven, results-focused, and people-oriented. Possess the ability to work with the Executive Committee and Committee Chairs in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills and must have the ability to work independently.
This position requires computer knowledge and skill. Must be able to use business software applications within Microsoft Office packages, web sites applications and be able to troubleshoot basic computer issues. Attention to detail and strong interpersonal communication skills are essential. Must be able to cultivate relationships and gain the trust of the Board, Members and Chamber Partners.
Office Manager’s essential job role will include conducting basic office functions; checking office voicemail, answering /returning phone calls, sorting mail, assist with maintaining membership activities, updating contact database, website updates as directed, e-blast communications as needed, performing basic accounting functions, as well as assisting Chairman in planning monthly Board meetings.
Key Tasks and Duties:
- Distribute news, flyers, registration forms, etc. to membership via email and mailings
- Provides a roster & name tags for all events
- Attend and assist with Chamber events and any other Special Event deemed necessary
- Computer Data Functions and database maintenance
- Represent the Chamber by attending affiliate and/or partner sponsored events
- Maintain & update website
- Answer phone and greet guests
- Maintain an adequate level of supplies
- Prepare, assemble & mail member packets to new and prospective members
- Assist Membership with member billing, collection, tracking and roster updates.
- Coordinate will Finance Chair and Book Keeper
- Assist with meeting preparations
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills, education, and experience:
- Minimum Associate’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Prefer at least three years’ experience working in a business office environment
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and business acumen.
- Knowledgeable in utilizing ChamberMaster
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with Executive Committee, board members, external partners, and members
- Highly proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Advanced knowledge of Excel using graphs and providing data analysis.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and efficiently under deadline
- Solid customer service skills
- Possess a positive, team-player attitude
- Dependable with a proven track record
Note: The Black Chamber of Palm Beach County’s Office Manager position is part-time (15 – 20 hours per week). The priorities will be determined by the EC and are subject to change.